The Cognella Licensing Team is seeking an exceptional individual to a fill the critical role of licensing assistant. The licensing assistant reports directly to the licensing manager and is responsible for negotiating and securing licensing agreements with other publishers. This individual will regularly communicate by phone and email with authors, publishers, sales associates, and other team members in a fast-moving, team-oriented environment. The licensing assistant will also assist in various administrative tasks related to project management and permissions clearance. This position requires tremendous attention to detail, exceptional negotiation skills, and outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Clear permissions:
- Secure rights to use copyright protected materials
- Review reading lists, identify any potential permissions concerns, research, verify rights holder, and prepare permissions requests
- Negotiate fees:
- Interact directly with publishers to minimize license fees
- Process invoices:
- Help to maintain and update a large database of publisher information
- Assist other licensing team members:
- Send follow-up requests, log requests, and review images and other third-party content
- Must be 18 years or older
- Minimum 1 year of college is required
- Professional demeanor along with superior verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work well with clients
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Excel
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, and leadership skills
- Exceptional organizational skills with proven ability to prioritize daily operations and long-term projects in order to meet deadlines, ensure efficient workflow, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work well under pressure and multitask effectively
- Superb attention to detail
- Must be able to work effectively and productively both independently and with a wide variety of people in an environment of rapidly changing deadlines and priorities
Reports to: Licensing Manager
Status: Part-time, Seasonal
Start date: Immediate
Location: This position is based out of the Cognella corporate office located in the Sorrento Valley area of San Diego, California. Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
To apply: For consideration, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. All submissions will be held in confidence.
Cognella® is redefining academic publishing by creating teacher-driven, student-centric higher education course materials in print and digital formats under three imprints: Cognella® Academic Publishing, Cognella® Custom, and Cognella® Active Learning. Cognella also publishes engaging nonfiction titles featuring modern perspectives as Cognella® Press. Learn more at www.cognella.com.
Cognella was recently awarded a 2018 Top Workplaces designation by the San Diego Union-Tribune. We’re proud to offer Cognella team members a work environment that fosters collaboration, innovation, and the opportunity to contribute significantly toward the goals of the company.
Cognella, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.
Recruiters please do not contact this job post.