Cognella, Inc., is immediately seeking an Editorial Intern to serve on the Revisions team.
The ideal candidate for this position is a current student who wishes to gain hands-on experience and mentoring in the publishing industry. The position is part-time, with flexibility on scheduling and number of hours available (typically 15-29 hours). The initial term is 90 days, and outstanding candidates will have the opportunity for renewal. If renewed, the internship will terminate 120 days (approximately 16 weeks) after candidate’s receipt of a Bachelor’s degree. As open positions permit, at that point, they may be considered for promotion to a regular part- or full-time position within the company.
In this role, the Editorial Intern – Revisions will support the Revisions Acquisitions Editor and Project Editor by performing a number of tasks, some of which include market research, data entry, image research, Microsoft Word file clean-up, sales sheet creation, and review of manuscript elements and organization.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be a current college student (strong preference for those pursuing a degree in English, journalism, or a relevant field).
- Motivated to excel, ready to learn quickly, and eager to perform tasks with excellence and speed.
- Very comfortable in computer programs such as Word and Excel. Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) experience is a plus, but not necessary.
- Deadline-driven, detail-oriented, and very organized.
- Professional and kind; enjoys contributing to a positive, vibrant company culture.
- Understands and implements clear communication with colleagues to accomplish tasks.
Start date: Immediate
Status: Part-time, Non-exempt
Reports to: Manager, Revisions and Author Care
Location: This position is based out of our corporate office located in the Sorrento Valley area of San Diego, California (one mile north of UCSD). Telecommuting will not be considered. Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Compensation: $16.00 per hour
To apply: For consideration, please apply through the Indeed.com listing. Alternatively, you may contact email@example.com using the subject line “Editorial Intern – Revisions.” Please include a resume and cover letter. All submissions will be held in confidence.
Cognella® is redefining academic publishing by creating teacher-driven, student-centric higher education course materials in print and digital formats under three imprints: Cognella® Academic Publishing, Cognella® Custom, and Cognella® Active Learning. Cognella also publishes engaging nonfiction titles featuring modern perspectives as Cognella® Press. Learn more at www.cognella.com.
Cognella was recently awarded a 2018 Top Workplaces designation by the San Diego Union-Tribune. We’re proud to offer Cognella team members a work environment that fosters collaboration, innovation, and the opportunity to contribute significantly toward the goals of the company.
Cognella, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.
Recruiters please do not contact this job post.