Join a growing sales team at one of San Diego’s Top Workplaces! This is a fantastic entry-level sales opportunity for someone interested in joining an entrepreneurial company.
Under the supervision of the Director of Operations, the Sales Coordinator manages customers within a geographical territory to meet or exceed sales goals of our core textbooks and online learning systems. This person provides administrative support to sales reps; researches and qualifies data-driven sales leads; enters manual orders as needed; monitors emails and phone calls from all customers—including students, bookstores, and professors who are interested in adopting our textbooks—often serving as the first point of contact; troubleshoots and resolves issues; and ensures customer satisfaction that is consistent with corporate policy.
45% Inside Sales
- Responsible for growing own territory and meeting sales goals
- Monitor email and phone calls from customer leads through marketing campaigns or other company-sponsored initiatives
- Follow up with existing customers about re-orders, new editions, etc.
- Research leads from other sources and feed to sales reps and acquisitions team
30% Sales Support
- Provide administrative support to sales specialists
- Create, update, and maintain data records and CRM records
25% Customer Service
- Monitor and respond to emails and phone calls from customers who purchased through our e-commerce site
- Research shipping issues and resolve problems
- Assist with the setup and troubleshooting of ebooks, often in Adobe Digital Editions
- Identify common problems and assist with implementing solutions
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1-2 years’ experience in an office, retail, or sales environment
- Excellent customer service skills, superior verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to work well with teammates
- Must be a self-starter with initiative to work independently and proactively
- Must possess strong problem-solving, facilitation, and negotiations skills
- Exceptional organizational skills with proven ability to prioritize daily operations and longer term projects in order to meet deadlines, ensure efficient workflow, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work well under pressure and multitask effectively
- Superb attention to detail
- Must be able to work effectively and productively both independently and with a wide variety of people in an environment of rapidly changing deadlines and priorities
Start Date: Immediate
Reports to: Director of Operations
Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Location: This position is based out of our corporate office located in the Sorrento Valley area of San Diego, California. Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Compensation: Competitive salary plus bonus for meeting sales goals, and a comprehensive and competitive benefits package (health, vision, dental, generous vacation, holiday, and sick time).
To apply: For consideration, please email a resume to email@example.com with the subject line: SC Application. All submissions will be held in confidence.
Cognella® is redefining academic publishing by creating teacher-driven, student-centric higher education course materials in print and digital formats under three imprints: Cognella® Academic Publishing, Cognella® Custom, and Cognella® Active Learning. Cognella also publishes engaging nonfiction titles featuring modern perspectives as Cognella® Press. Learn more at www.cognella.com.
Cognella was recently awarded a 2018 Top Workplaces designation by the San Diego Union-Tribune. We’re proud to offer Cognella team members a work environment that fosters collaboration, innovation, and the opportunity to contribute significantly toward the goals of the company.
Cognella, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.
Recruiters please do not contact this job post.