Cognella, Inc. is immediately seeking an exceptional, hands-on, inside sales specialist to expand our rapidly growing Cognella Academic Publishing textbook adoption program. The ideal candidate will excel in a deadline-driven inside sales environment. Experience in the higher education publishing market a plus, but not required. If you have a competitive “fire-in-your-belly” to win, love working in a high-performing environment, have an owner mentality, and appreciate the upside of an aggressive bonus plan, this might be your chance. This is an amazing opportunity for an entrepreneurial sales professional to place his or her stamp on a growing company.
- Grow the assigned territory, hit goals, and exceed quota by securing adoptions on the Frontlist of textbook titles through inside sales (heavy outbound phone selling)
- Demonstrate excellent organizational and follow-up abilities to maintain high email and call volume
- Deliver product presentations to university professors and program coordinators via webinars
- Build strong relationships with faculty members
- Nurture existing customers to confirm and expand repeat business
- Ensure individual success through continuous evaluation and self-learning
- Communicate with internal teams to share leads and reviewer feedback
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative
- Incredible organizational habits
- Highly-polished writing and speaking skills with experience in heavy phone and e-mail environment
- Intellectually curious; interest in working with university professors to help them choose course material for their courses
- Ability to use and manipulate data to glean insights and drive strategy
- Ability to develop strong relationships and communicate comfortably with professors remotely
- Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years in career, with strong sales, marketing, and/or product, experience with proven ability to drive growth
- Direct sales experience or publishing experience preferred but not required
- Sales aptitude is required
- Strong computer skills, including Excel, Word, PPT, along with CRM and ERP software experience (at least one of: Salesforce, Sugar CRM, MS Dynamics, etc.). Strong faculty with third-party software is a must; you’ll need to be very comfortable using systems and working with technology.
Compensation: Competitive salary and bonus/commission plan. Cognella also provides a comprehensive and competitive benefits package (health, vision, dental, generous vacation, holiday, and sick time, anniversary, volunteer, and wellness programs, and 401K matching plan).
Start Date: Immediate
Location: San Diego, CA
To Apply: For consideration, please email cover letter, resume, and compensation expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. All submissions will be held in confidence.
Cognella offers all of our team members a stimulating and entrepreneurial work environment in Sorrento Valley, great colleagues, and the opportunity to shape their positions. So, if you have a “fire in your belly” to succeed, have a great attitude, and have always wanted to be part of a tight entrepreneurial team, this is your chance to join our company and break new ground in the academic publishing space.
Cognella® is redefining academic publishing by creating teacher-driven, student-centric higher education course materials in print and digital formats under three imprints: Cognella® Academic Publishing, Cognella® Custom, and Cognella® Active Learning. Cognella also publishes engaging nonfiction titles featuring modern perspectives as Cognella® Press. Learn more at www.cognella.com.
Cognella was recently awarded a 2019 Top Workplaces designation by the San Diego Union-Tribune. We’re proud to offer Cognella team members a work environment that fosters collaboration, innovation, and the opportunity to contribute significantly toward the goals of the company.
Cognella, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.
Recruiters please do not contact this job post.