Under the supervision of the Director of Operations, the Operations Associate will be responsible for receiving inventory, locating stock in appropriate and identifiable locations, confirming physical returns against RMAs or other criteria, overseeing picking and packing process for inventory accuracy, and adjusting system inventory to promote an accurate and reliable inventory value. There will be a significant amount of time spent on order entry. This position will also respond to customer emails, adjust orders as needed, enter POs, and communicate changes with bookstores about orders. In addition, this person will assist with facilities maintenance and safety, including light facilities work. As a member of the operations team, this position will be cross-trained to assist others in the department, including sales coordinators, and may be required to offer administrative assistance as needed.
This is a part-time position, 15-25 hours a week. College students are encouraged to apply.
Distribution and Order Management
• Manually enter sales orders and purchase orders
• Troubleshoot and adjust sales orders for accuracy
• Receive and restock inventory, including purchased products, returns, and third-party material, and create locations as needed
• Pick orders from inventory and prepare packages for shipment
• Keep warehouse clean and locations in order
• Act as courier for local deliveries as needed
• Monitor and respond to emails and phone calls from customers who purchased through our e-commerce site
• Research shipping issues and resolve problems
• Identify common problems and assist with implementing solutions
• Ensure consistency with CRM/title management system
Cognella offers all of our team members a stimulating and entrepreneurial work environment, great colleagues, and the opportunity to shape their position. If you have ever wanted to be part of a growing entrepreneurial business, this is your chance to really make a difference.
Start Date: Immediate
Location: This position is based out of our corporate office located in the Sorrento Valley area of San Diego, California. Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Status: Part-Time, Non-Exempt
To apply: For consideration, please submit the following to email@example.com:
1) Cover letter with a brief message of why this job is a perfect fit for you
3) Compensation expectations
Cognella® is redefining academic publishing by creating teacher-driven, student-centric higher education course materials in print and digital formats under three imprints: Cognella® Academic Publishing, Cognella® Custom, and Cognella® Active Learning. Cognella also publishes engaging nonfiction titles featuring modern perspectives as Cognella® Press. Learn more at www.cognella.com.
Cognella was recently awarded a 2019 Top Workplaces designation by the San Diego Union-Tribune. We’re proud to offer Cognella team members a work environment that fosters collaboration, innovation, and the opportunity to contribute significantly toward the goals of the company.
Cognella, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.
Recruiters please do not contact this job post.