Cognella, Inc. is seeking an eLearning assistant to join our publishing team and support the setup and management of online courses. The eLearning assistant will help our professors understand how to use our online learning platforms and be the go-to resource for troubleshooting issues.
The ideal candidate will be someone who is technically savvy and able to troubleshoot complex setup issues in a learning management system (LMS). You must also have a customer service mindset and be comfortable working closely with professors. The position requires someone who is organized, efficient, and a critical thinker who loves solving problems. If you are self-motivated, intellectually curious, and passionate about improving online education, we’re looking for you!
This is an amazing opportunity to learn and grow a career in online learning in a thriving entrepreneurial environment.
- Work with authors and adopting professors to set up courses in our learning management systems
- Conduct one-on-one calls with professors to teach them how to use the tools available within the LMS to manage their courses
- Help professors understand how to integrate Cognella Active Learning material into their institution’s LMS
- Work with LMS administrators at universities to facilitate the approval of our LTI tool and troubleshoot issues arising from integration setup
- Assist our IT team with setting up Cognella’s integration process and keeping it up to date with the latest LTI standards
- Ensure our HECVAT documentation is up to date and continue to add to and improve the resources we have available as part of the vetting process, such as maintaining a VPAT
- Serve as Tier 1 support to quickly resolve author requests or issues that arise in the LMS and Tier 2 support for student requests
- Apply creative problem solving to find solutions for author requests
- Coordinate with our IT team to schedule upgrades of our LMSes and serve as the primary QA tester on all upgrade features
- Create training materials such as guides and webinars to serve as an additional resource for professors
- Work with our editorial team to publish digital content into courses
- Use reports to monitor project queue and submit detailed metrics at the end of each week to track progress
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience required
- Technically advanced, hands-on experience with Canvas and Moodle; familiarity with Blackboard and D2L/Brightspace
- Demonstrated expertise identifying and solving technical issues
- Experience managing and troubleshooting LTI integrations a plus
- Ability to learn new tools and systems quickly
- Sound time management skills with the ability to meet strict deadlines
- Professional demeanor with solid verbal and interpersonal skills
- Ability to write effective business communication using correct punctuation, spelling, and grammar
- Must be a self-starter, able to work independently and with a wide variety of people in an environment of rapidly changing deadlines and priorities
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt to changes in duties, responsibilities, and processes
- Willingness to invest in a positive and engaged company culture
Reports to: Active Learning Manager
Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Start date: Immediate
Location: All Cognella employees are currently working remotely. We plan to return to our office in the Sorrento Valley area of San Diego, California, when it’s safe to do so, but permanent remote applicants will be considered. Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Compensation: Competitive salary and benefits package (health, vision, dental, generous vacation, holiday, and sick time, and 401K matching plan).
To apply: For consideration, please email a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. Within your cover letter, please include a paragraph that begins “The key to getting instructors to use an LMS effectively is …”
All submissions will be held in confidence.
Recruiters, please do not contact this job post.
Cognella® is redefining academic publishing by creating teacher-driven, student-centric higher education course materials in print and digital formats under three imprints: Cognella® Academic Publishing, Cognella® Custom, and Cognella® Active Learning. Cognella also publishes engaging nonfiction titles featuring modern perspectives as Cognella® Press. Learn more at www.cognella.com.
Cognella was recently awarded a 2020 Top Workplaces designation by the San Diego Union-Tribune. We’re proud to offer Cognella team members a work environment that fosters collaboration, innovation, and the opportunity to contribute significantly toward the goals of the company.
Cognella, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.