Sales Assistant and Customer Service Representative
We are seeking an organized and quick-to-learn individual eager to work on a fast-paced and close-knit sales team. This is an amazing opportunity to learn the inner workings of a busy publishing company in a young and entrepreneurial environment.
- Provide general administrative support such as data entry, copying, scanning, filing, client and customer support, telephone and email correspondence, and other duties when needed.
- Prepare product listings for sale in our online student store, communicate ordering information to clients, and submit orders for client print and electronic complimentary copies.
- Collaborate with operations team to help facilitate client questions regarding ordering and shipping statuses.
- Provide excellent sales support to help maintain business relationships amongst clients.
- Understand the company’s product lines to assist with client interest with expanding their current product.
- Manage sales support tasks, which include confirming course details, researching professor contact information, validating professor teaching status, and maintaining accurate information in our CRM database.
- Analyze course details of interested adopters, escalate high opportunity potential to sales reps.
- Provide additional support when needed during busy seasons.
- Assist in the preparation of email campaigns, quality-check and enter client information into our database (SugarCRM), write and edit marketing copy for campaigns, and send campaigns through mail merge.
- May provide additional sales assistance with outbound calls for lead generation.
- Monitor and respond to emails sent to customer service email inboxes.
- Ensure all phone calls are answered in a timely manner.
- Enter bookstore orders and RMAs into OM.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Highly proficient using computer and office applications, including Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat
- Experience working in a professional setting (1+ years preferred)
- Outstanding problem-solving skills and ability to learn new software and processes quickly
- Exceptional attention to detail along with impeccable organizational skills
- Professional demeanor along with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter attitude, initiative to work independently, and strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and to multitask effectively
- This position requires sitting, computer use, and data entry for extended periods of time
Start date: Immediate
Position: Sales Assistant and Customer Service Representative
Reports to: Director of Operations or Sales Manager
Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Location: All Cognella employees will be working remotely through December 2021. We plan to return to our office in the Sorrento Valley area of San Diego, California, when it is safe to do so. A dedicated workspace and access to reliable internet is required for remote employees. Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Compensation: Competitive salary and a comprehensive and competitive benefits package (health, vision, dental, generous vacation, holiday, and sick time). This position may also be eligible for a sales bonus.
To apply: For consideration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Inside Sales / Sales Support” in the subject line, and include a cover letter, résumé, and compensation expectations. All submissions will be held in confidence.
Cognella® is redefining academic publishing by creating teacher-driven, student-centric higher education course materials in print and digital formats under three imprints: Cognella® Academic Publishing, Cognella® Custom, and Cognella® Active Learning. Cognella also publishes engaging nonfiction titles featuring modern perspectives as Cognella® Press. Learn more at www.cognella.com.
Cognella was recently awarded a 2020 Top Workplace designation by the San Diego Union-Tribune. We are proud to offer Cognella team members a work environment that fosters collaboration, innovation, and the opportunity to contribute significantly toward the goals of the company.
Cognella, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.
Recruiters, please do not contact this job post.