Cognella, Inc. is immediately seeking an exceptional, hands-on inside sales specialist to expand our rapidly growing Cognella Academic Publishing textbook adoption program. The adoption sales team works with university professors to recommend course materials (textbooks and online-based courseware) for use in academic courses. The ideal candidate will combine drive, curiosity, and intelligence to excel in a task-driven inside sales environment. Experience working in the higher education publishing market is a plus, but not required.
- Grow the assigned territory, hit goals, and exceed quota by securing adoptions on the frontlist of textbook titles through inside sales (heavy email and phone communication)
- Demonstrate excellent organizational and follow-up abilities to build strong relationships with faculty members
- Deliver product presentations to university professors and program coordinators via phone and Zoom meetings; some travel (1-2 conferences a year) may be an option
- Nurture existing customers to confirm and expand repeat business
- Ensure individual success through continuous evaluation and self-learning
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative
- Incredible organizational habits
- Intellectually curious; interest in working with university professors to help them choose materials for their courses
- Highly polished writing and speaking skills
- Ability to use and manipulate data to glean insights and drive strategy
- Ability to develop strong relationships and communicate comfortably with professors remotely
- Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years in career. Direct sales experience or publishing experience preferred but not required. Sales aptitude is required.
- Strong computer skills, including Zoom, Excel, Word, PPT, etc. You’ll need to be comfortable using systems and working with technology, including using a CRM software.
Compensation: Competitive salary and bonus/commission plan. Cognella also provides a comprehensive and competitive benefits package (health, vision, dental, generous vacation, holiday, and sick time, anniversary, volunteer, and wellness programs, and 401K matching plan).
Reports to: Sales Manager – Title Adoptions
Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Start Date: Immediate
Location: All Cognella employees are currently working remotely. We plan to return to our office in the Sorrento Valley area of San Diego, California, when it is safe to do so, but permanently remote applicants will be considered. A dedicated workspace and access to reliable internet is required for remote employees. Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
To Apply: For consideration, please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. All submissions will be held in confidence.
Recruiters, please do not contact this job post.
Cognella® is redefining academic publishing by creating teacher-driven, student-centric higher education course materials in print and digital formats under three imprints: Cognella® Academic Publishing, Cognella® Custom, and Cognella® Active Learning. Cognella also publishes engaging nonfiction titles featuring modern perspectives as Cognella® Press. Learn more at www.cognella.com.
Cognella was recently awarded a 2021 Top Workplaces designation by the San Diego Union-Tribune. We’re proud to offer Cognella team members a work environment that fosters collaboration, innovation, and the opportunity to contribute significantly toward the goals of the company.
Cognella, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.