You may encounter problems with authorization, which will result in an error that says one of the following:
- “E_CHECK_ACTIVATION” or “ERROR! CHECK ACTIVATION”
You may need to deauthorize and reauthorize Adobe Digital Editions.
- Open Adobe Digital Editions. If you have a book open, be sure to exit the book and go to your Bookshelf Library.
- Deauthorize Adobe Digital Editions by navigating to “Help > Erase Authorization,” or press the following on your keyboard: CTRL+SHIFT+D (on Windows).
- If prompted for your Adobe ID password, enter it and hit “Continue.” Click “Erase Authorization” on the window that appears, then click OK.
- After your authorization is removed, please try to download your book again.
- If you have previously downloaded your book to another computer, please use the same Adobe ID when authorizing subsequent devices.