We’re proud to work with passionate authors who leverage their innovative ideas, distinct perspectives, original voices, and individual areas of expertise to create truly unique learning materials. We’re interested in publishing materials that fill a gap in the current market and present novel viewpoints within a field of study.
Whether you’d like to create an engaging reader, publish an original manuscript, or develop a hybrid textbook that contains anthologized and original material, we can help. Our talented and experienced acquisitions editors will listen to you and collaborate with you to determine the best publishing strategy and approach for your book – and then our team will assist you every step of the way.
Our standard services include:
- Copyediting, proofreading, layout, and design
- Development consultation for sample chapters
- A dedicated project editor assigned to every publishing project
- The creation of preliminary editions for class testing and refinement
- Permissions clearance services for all third-party content
- A wealth of author resources and instructional webinars
- Assistance with the creation of ancillary material and interactive online activities
- Peer review
- National marketing and distribution through vendors including Amazon and barnesandnoble.com
- Direct sales efforts for course adoptions at academic institutions across the United States and Canada
Our editors will provide you with a developmental consultation, author guides and resources, professional feedback, and publishing expertise. They’ll also serve as a built-in support system to address questions, celebrate little victories, and help you navigate the entire publishing process. For a full list of provided resources, check out our Author Resources page.
If you plan to include third-party materials in your book, our in-house licensing team will secure all necessary permissions to republish your selected content. You’ll also receive access to the Cognella Digital Library, which offers authors and editors thousands of pre-cleared readings, case studies, and other materials available at discounted rates. (Before you explore the library, check out these helpful tips to ensure you have the best experience possible.)
We encourage class testing or peer review (dependent upon your project and target audience) so that you have the opportunity to receive real-world feedback and refine your content prior to launch on the national market.
Our marketing team will strategically promote your book to key audiences to increase visibility, create buzz, and encourage adoption.
We’d love to learn more about your book idea and explore how Cognella Academic Publishing can support your publishing goals!