Interactive ebooks have the unique capacity to embed various engaging interactive features interspersed within your manuscript. Embedding interactive features throughout the text allows for self-assessment and reflection, providing students with multiple ways to enhance and test their understanding. This interactive and adaptable treatment differentiates a Cognella interactive text from our static digital formats. Some common features of interactive ebooks might include:
- Pop-up definitions of key terms
- Web links
- Original or third-party videos
- Concept check activities (e.g., fill in the blank questions)
- Skill-builder activities (e.g., drag and drop exercises)
Note that graded interactive components are required.
Tracking Interactive Features
- Develop interactive content in tandem with writing the chapters.
- Prioritize writing the chapters but make notes of places to add interactive content later as you work.
- Concentrate on writing the chapters first. Create interactive content after completing the manuscript.
Your project editor may recommend an instructional design consultation, depending on the needs of your project.