Activity title: Interactive Virtual Tour (Space Shuttle)
Primary image title: Main flight deck
Primary image description: The interior of the space shuttle Atlantis main flight deck.
Primary image starting position: Facing the front control panel, from behind the two commanders’ chairs.
Figure number from image log: 2.1
Hotspot label settings: display labels enabled (required)
Markers for text and image hotspots shown below:
- Hotspot location: Middle of rear control panel.
- Title: Learn more about NASA.
- Text description or explanation: Visit NASA’s website or NASA Live: Official Stream of NASA TV (on YouTube).
- Hotspot location: Back upper right window.
- Title: Glimpse a mission specialist on an EVA.
- Figure number from image log: 2.1
- Image description/alternative text: Mission specialist Michael Good looks in the window of space shuttle Atlantis while conducting an extravehicular activity (in 2009) and salutes.
- Hotspot location: Top of front left window in front of commander’s chair.
- Hotspot title: Watch Atlantis take off for the ISS.
- Video title: Décollage fusée (Atlantis blasts off to the International Space Station)
- Reference number from video log: 2.1
- Video URL: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:D%C3%A9collage_fus%C3%A9e.webm
- Hotspot location: Opening in shuttle floor behind commander’s chair on the left.
- Hotspot title: Listen to gear drop from the shuttle.
- Audio title: The Sound of Shuttle Gear
- Reference number from audio log: 2.1
- Audio URL, if applicable: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:STS-132_%E2%80%94_Shuttle_Gear_Drop.mp3
Multiple-choice questions hotspot:
- Hotspot location: Right side near the bags labeled 4, 5, 6, and 7.
- Hotspot title: Check how much you know about Atlantis.
- Questions title: Atlantis Facts
When was Atlantis’s first voyage?
When was Atlantis’s last voyage?
Where is Atlantis now?
*Kennedy Space Center
National Air and Space Museum
California Science Center
Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum
Overall incorrect feedback: Try again!
Overall correct feedback: Atlantis traveled from 1985 to 2011; today, you can visit it at the Kennedy Space Center.
Hotspot connections to additional images:
- Second image hotspot location on main image: Joystick by commander’s chair on left.
- Second image title: See from the commander’s view.
- Third image hotspot location on main image: Control panel in back left corner (when facing back).
- Third image title: See from the mission specialist’s view.