Senior Technical Systems Analyst
Cognella is seeking a Senior Technical Systems Analyst who is passionate about technology and excited by the transformative potential of artificial intelligence. This role will work alongside our development team and play a key role in helping us design, implement, and test our various operational systems. In this position you will serve in a variety of roles, including organizing development efforts on several projects, interpreting requirements, and ensuring the results delivered meet our objective to help our internal employees work more efficiently.
The successful applicant will help us to refine and achieve our ambitious goals for both existing applications as well as upcoming projects that will break new ground in the publishing industry. Several of our internally-facing applications also need regular improvements to reflect our evolving business processes and model. This role will have the opportunity to develop their skills at multiple levels, spanning from data model strategy, user workflow analysis, and utilizing AI technologies to find new efficiencies in our publishing workflow.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Interpret and clarify business requirements, develop project plans and write software development specifications and stories
- Analyze existing and planned internal processes and work with employees to ensure our internal systems model them correctly
- Participate in daily scrums with developers to help ensure that work in progress will meet the requirement goals
- Act as a liaison between development team and internal stakeholders
- Manage QA process to ensure submitted development work meets requirements
- Roll out new features and provide documentation for clients and employees
- Bachelor’s Degree; 6+ years of relevant, hands-on experience within a software development environment
- Experience with system analysis, gathering requirements, developing, and/or testing web applications
- Extremely organized, thorough, and detail-oriented
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate about complex topics with cross-functional teams
- Experience with the software development lifecycle
- Ability to understand and improve a relational business data model
- Understanding of UX design – able to discuss and sketch out ideas and wireframes quickly
- Ticketing system experience with Jira, Clickup, or others
- A sense of responsibility with an understanding of individual impact on a larger team
- Git or other code repository tools
- Release management experience
- Understanding of programming constructs
- Code review experience
- Database and programming experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related discipline.
Compensation: Wage range is based on experience. A Senior Technical Systems Analyst with all desired experience listed above ranges from $85,000/yr to $105,000/yr. Cognella also provides a comprehensive and competitive benefits package for full-time employees. We offer a health, vision, and dental plan at a 70% contribution match for the individual; generous vacation with Cognella’s flexible vacation policy of non-accrued paid time off; holiday (12 holidays/year); sick time (10 days/year); and 401K matching plan (4% match); and anniversary, wellness, public transportation, and educational programs.
Reports to: Vice President of Technology
Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Start Date: Immediate
Location: Solana Beach (San Diego County), CA. Daily in-office schedule with possible hybrid/telecommuting schedule after ramp-up and goal attainment.
Although Cognella currently embraces a hybrid remote/in-office work schedule for employees in San Diego County that balances the flexibility of telecommuting with the benefits and necessity of in-person work and collaboration, each role and department is different. Cognella reserves the right to change its telecommuting, remote, or hybrid work policies at any time. In order to successfully work remotely, employees must provide a proper home workstation set-up which includes internet connectivity and a workspace large enough to accommodate dual monitors, laptop, and accessories, and that is free from distractions.
To Apply: For consideration, please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. All submissions will be held in confidence.
Recruiters, do not contact us about this job post.
Cognella, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.
Cognella is redefining academic publishing by creating teacher-driven, student-centric course materials in print and digital formats under four imprints: Cognella Academic Publishing, Cognella Custom, Cognella Active Learning and Cognella Professional Learning. Learn more at www.cognella.com.
Cognella has been awarded a Top Workplace designation by the San Diego Union-Tribune from 2017 to 2023 (seven consecutive years). We are proud to offer Cognella team members a work environment that fosters collaboration, innovation, and the opportunity to contribute significantly toward the goals of the company.