Ebook setup for Mac OS X
See detailed instructions with screenshots here.
- Create an Adobe ID and password. If you have not created an Adobe ID, please register for an account here.
- If you have an Adobe ID but have forgotten your password, reset your password here.
- Go to the Adobe Digital Editions Download Page and download the Adobe Digital Editions 4.5.X Installer for Macintosh. NOTE, if you have an older computer, install Digital Editions 3.0 (under Additional Downloads). DO NOT click on the App Store or Google Play buttons.
- Once complete, click on the file to begin the installation process for Adobe Digital Editions (ADE). Macintosh OS X may not not recognize ADE as an identified developer. If it appears as though nothing is happening, follow these additional steps to download ADE onto your device:
- Click on the Apple symbol at the top left, then select “System Preferences.”
- Select “Security & Privacy.”
- Under the General Tab, click “Open Anyway” to install ADE.
- Proceed through each window until your computer begins installing ADE onto your device.
- Once installed, please leave the program open in the background.
- On our website, log into your account and go to “My Digital Materials” to download the link for your ebook.
- Once the download is complete, right-click the file called URLLink and choose “Open in Finder,” then drag and drop the file into Adobe Digital Editions.
- You will be prompted to authorize your device with an Adobe ID. Enter the Adobe ID and password you created in step 1.
- Your ebook should open immediately.