Dawn Braithwaite, Co-editor of the forthcoming textbook Thriving as a Communication Graduate Student
Gretchen Bergquist, Jordan Soliz, Kristen Everhart, Dawn O. Braithwaite, and Lee Kreimer (2019). Investigating Layers of Identity and Identity Gaps in Refugee Resettlement Experiences in the Midwestern United States. Western Journal of Communication, 83(3), 383-402.
Presented each year for the best article(s) appearing in the Western Journal of Communication. Criteria are:
- Significance of the article’s contribution to the literature of the discipline.
- Level of response the article has elicited from other scholars and teachers.
- Substantive importance and methodological rigor—significance of the topic and elegance and thoroughness of the study’s method.
- Substantive and/or methodological innovativeness—the degree to which the article breaks new ground.
- Style-clarity, grace, parsimony, evocativeness of expression.