This error message can indicate multiple problems.
First, verify your system’s date and time settings – the clock time, date, and time zone must match where you currently reside. Navigate to System Preferences > Date & Time.
- Verify “Set Date & Time automatically” is enabled.
- Under “Time Zone”, verify “Set time zone automatically using current location” is enabled. Or, make sure time zone is correct.
- Download your book again
- Enter your Adobe ID when prompted, then you should see your book begin downloading
After updating and syncing your clock with the internet, try downloading your book again. If you continue to see this error, you may need to “unlock” your Keychain to allow access to Adobe Digital Editions.
- Check Keychain Access (program on mac)
- If there is an entry for “Digital Editions” Follow the steps from this adobe article. https://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/error-e_auth_bad_device_key.html
If there is no entry for digital editions or you had to delete entry follow below:
- Open Keychain Access
- Unlock Keychain with the lock symbol located at the top left of the Keychain window
- With Keychain unlocked open ADE
- Reauthorize computer with Adobe id
TIP: CMD+SHIFT+U or HELP> AUTHORIZE THIS COMPUTER.
- Sign in with Adobe ID credentials
- At the popup window asking to sign in with your computer password (“Keychain Access wants to use your confidential information…”) select ALWAYS ALLOW
- If ebook does not open automatically, return to our website, go to ‘My Digital Materials’ and download the link for your ebook.
- Right-click the file called URLLink, and choose “Open in Finder”, then drag and drop the file into Adobe Digital Editions.
- Authorize your device with an Adobe ID.
If you continue to see this error, customer service may need to reset your link. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional assistance.