Error Message that says E_AUTH_BAD_DEVICE_KEY (E_AUTH_BAD__DEVICE_KEY__OR_PKCS12)
This error message occurs when your device is trying to authorize Adobe Digital Editions (ADE). You may need to “unlock” your Keychain to allow access to ADE.
- Check Keychain Access (program on Mac).
- If there is an entry for “Digital Editions,” follow the steps from this Adobe article. https://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/error-e_auth_bad_device_key.html
If there is no entry for digital editions or you had to delete the entry:
- Open Keychain Access.
- Unlock Keychain with the lock symbol located in the top left of the Keychain window.
- With Keychain unlocked, open ADE.
- Reauthorize your computer with your Adobe ID.
- TIP: CMD+SHIFT+U or HELP> AUTHORIZE THIS COMPUTER
- Sign in with your Adobe ID credentials.
- At the popup window asking to sign in with your computer password (“Keychain Access wants to use your confidential information…”) select ALWAYS ALLOW.
If your ebook does not open automatically, return to our website, go to “My Digital Materials,” and download the link for your ebook.
- Right-click the file called URLLink and choose “Open in Finder,” then drag and drop the file into ADE.
- Authorize your device with your Adobe ID.