We strongly recommend sourcing all third-party audio content from Spotify. Previews of Spotify content may appear in Active Learning or in line with interactive ebook text. Material from other third-party sources will be presented via links. It may not be possible to include those links in some activities.
Selecting Third-Party Audio
Spotify is a commercial streaming service of DRM-protected music. It allows playback of individual songs or playlists. There are two tiers of service: Spotify Free and Spotify Premium.
- Students will need to create free Spotify accounts to access this content. Premium accounts are not required.
- The free accounts have some limitations:
- Students must be online to stream music.
- The streams will include Spotify’s ads.
- Spotify material must be accompanied by at least two other activity types and account for less than half of the total Active Learning content.
- Spotify audio may not be included in some activities, including flashcards, games, quizzes, and tests.
Finding Audio Content on Spotify
- Go to https://play.spotify.com.
- Create a Spotify account and/or log in.
- Click Search.
- In the search field, type in the name of the artist, song, or podcast that interests you.
- Use the filters to help you locate the song(s) you are looking for.
- Add each item you wish to include in your Active Learning playlist(s) to your audio log.
What You Need to Submit
- Audio log for all Spotify recordings (separate file)